Karaage Japanese Fried Chicken Recipe
See Also: Oven-Fried Southern Chicken with Sweet Honey Bourbon Sauce Recipe
✔ 450 grams chicken thigh, deboned, with skin on and cut into bite size pieces
✔ 1 tablespoon soy sauce
✔ 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
✔ 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
✔ Generous 2 teaspoons grated ginger
✔ Generous 2 teaspoons grated garlic
✔ 1/3 cup potato starch
✔ 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
✔ Chili Flakes (powder)
See Also: Ambessa Tea-Brined, Double Fried Chicken Recipe
Clash Of clans Link1
Clash Of clans Link2
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, mirin, salt, ginger and garlic. Mix well to combine and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of chili flakes or powder (more if you want plenty of heat)
- In a small bowl, combine the starch and ground pepper and mix.
- Use deep-fat-fryer or heat saucepan of oil to 350 degrees F.
- Dip a handful of chicken pieces into the starch mixture until each piece is covered well. Drop into the hot oil and when the chicken pieces float to the top, they are done. Repeat with the rest.
- Once all the chicken is done, place the back into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel and continue with the rest. Serve immediately.