PREP 10 minutes
COOK 6–8 minutes
See Also: Clickety Clack Croc Cake Recipe
Ingredients:✔ 2 large multi-seed or multi-grain tortilla wraps
✔ 1 tbsp olive oil
✔ 4 spring onions (scallions), diced
✔ 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
✔ 6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
✔ 3 medium eggs
✔ 2 tbsp chopped coriander (cilantro)
✔ 1 ripe avocado
✔ 2 tbsp low-fat sour cream
✔ salt and freshly ground black pepper
See Also: Rubber Duck Cake Recipe
Directions:1. Heat the tortillas in a low oven or on a hot griddle (grill) pan, according to packet instructions.
2. In a non-stick frying pan (skillet), heat the oil and gently cook the spring onions, chilli and tomatoes for 3–4 minutes.
3. Whisk the eggs and seasoning in a bowl with the coriander. Pour into the hot pan and stir over a low heat until they start to scramble and set. Take care not to overcook them.
4. Halve, stone (pit) and peel the avocado and cut the flesh into dice.
5. Divide the scrambled egg mixture between the warm tortillas and top with the avocado and sour cream. Fold over or roll up and eat straight away.
OR YOU CAN TRY THIS…
– For a more slimming version, substitute low-fat natural yoghurt for the sour cream and use smaller wraps or reduced-fat ones.
– Instead of adding diced avocado to the burritos, use guacamole (see recipe here).
– If you like your burritos with a bit of heat, top them with a spoonful of hot salsa.
– If you’re feeling really hungry, sprinkle some grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese over the top, or stir it into the scrambled egg mixture.