See Also: Buttermilk Almond Crusted Chicken Fingers Recipe
Ingredients:✔ 10 oz (300g) boneless and skinless chicken breast
✔ 1/2 teaspoon salt
✔ 3 dashes black pepper
✔ 1 large egg, lightly beaten
✔ 1 1/2 cups Japanese bread crumbs/panko
✔ Oil for deep-frying
See Also: Nashville Hot Fried Chicken Recipe
1. Slice the chicken breast horizontally into two slices. Cut each slice into 2 equal-sized pieces. Season with the salt and black pepper. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
2. Heat up a pot of cooking oil for deep-frying. Ideal temperature is about 350 degrees F.
3. Dip each piece of the chicken into the beaten egg, then immediately coat it with the panko. Shake off the excess.
4. Dip the chicken into the egg again, and then coat with the panko for the second time. Make sure that the chicken is evenly coated with a thick layer of panko. Repeat the same for the other piece of chicken.
5. Once the oil is fully heated, gently drop each piece of the chicken into the pot and deep fry until both sides turn golden brown.
6. Dish out the chicken onto a plate lined with paper towels. Cut the chicken into strips, and serve immediately with steamed rice.