SERVES 4 – 6
See Also: Apple Pizza Dessert Recipe
Ingredients:✔ 3 cups flour
✔ 1 tbsp salt (plus more to season wings)
✔ 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
✔ 2 tbsp onion powder
✔ 1 tbsp garlic powder
✔ 1 tbsp dried thyme
✔ 1 tbsp ground sage
✔ 1 tbsp dried oregano
✔ 1 tbsp dry mustard powder
✔ 1 tbsp powdered ginger
✔ 1 tbsp paprika
✔ 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
✔ 3 – 4 lbs chicken wings
✔ 3 eggs
✔ 3 tbsp water
✔ 3 tbsp canola oil
✔ 1 cup honey
✔ Zest of 1/2 large orange, finely grated
See Also: Apple and Spice Pizza Cookies Recipe
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour with the salt, pepper and all of the herbs and spices.
3. Coat the bottom of a cookie sheet or large baking pan with the canola oil.
4. Whisk together the eggs and water to make an egg wash.
5. Season the wings with salt.
6. One at a time, dip the chicken wings in the flour and herb/spice mix, then quickly into the egg wash and back into the flour dredge again.
7. Place the coated chicken wings in the pan and lightly spray the tops with canola oil from a spray bottle.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes or until fully cooked, golden brown and crispy, turning at least once during the cooking time.
9. Add the honey and orange zest to a small saucepan.
10. Bring to a gentle simmer for only a minute then remove from the heat.
11. Drizzle the wings with the orange honey when serving.